Instructional Access Form for Students
School: Miller Grove High School
Teacher: Ms. Nakema Price
Email: [email protected]
Contact Number: 678-827-5848
Listed below are the main instructional platforms that will be used for Virtual Learning in US History for the 2020-2021 school year. The information provided will assist with access credentials to navigate the various platforms.
The main platforms for Virtual Learning in US History will be VERGE and Microsoft Teams. VERGE will be used for daily communication of learning assignments and teacher/student feedback. Microsoft Teams will be used for LIVE (synchronous) learning sessions, conferences, and instructional activities.
Virtual Learning Technical Support Request Link - DCSD Technical Support
Help Desk: 678-676-1188
Note: For instructional resources not available through Launchpad, technical support will be available through the local school or vendor.
Instructional Resources for 2020-2021
Access Credentials: Students can login using DCSD Launchpad
Platform: Microsoft Teams
1st Period: Live Session Link
2nd Period: Live Session Link
3rd Period: Live Session Link
Extended Learning Time & Tutorial:
Platform: Remind App
1st Period: c62c37
2nd Period: 373ah4
3rd Period: hg9c29
Platform: Illuminate (Will be used for Testing Purposes)
Link: DCSD Launchpad
Access Credentials: Email classroom teacher
Platform: Flipgrid (Video Blogs)
1st Period: https://flipgrid.com/price9751
2nd Period: https://flipgrid.com/price5591
3rd Period: https://flipgrid.com/price3452
How do I log into Launchpad from a Personal Device to Access Verge?
Method 1 (Personal Device):
- Go to the following URL: students.dekalbschoolsga.org
- Click on the words Login with Active Directory
- Username is your DCSD issued student number
- Password (Grades 6 – 12): Students in grade 6 – 12 must log into a DCSD student computer to set their password. The default password is dekalb00. The student will be prompted to change password which will take about 15 minutes to communicate to the appropriate systems.
- Click Sign IN
- The LAUNCHPAD portal screen should appear.
- Locate and Click on the VERGE icon
Method 2 (Personal Device):
- Go to the dekalbschoolsga.org website
- Scroll down the home to locate the LAUNCHPAD ICON
- Click on the icon and you are now logged in to access resources
- Locate and Click on the VERGE Icon
Method 3 (Chromebook - School Issued Device):
- Locate LAUNCHPAD Icon on your Desktop
- Click on the Icon and you are now logged in to access resources
- Locate and Click on the Verge Icon
Instructional Link: https://youtu.be?CDgg5v_3wyQ